Visit Krakow, the cultural capital of Poland, Auschwitz-Birkenau camps and salt mine in Wieliczka
- Arrival to Krakow and transfer to the hotel in city centre.
- After breakfast we start sightseeing tour in Krakow, the second largest city in Poland with history going back to the medieval times. In the 11th century Krakow became Poland’s capital and functioned as seat for Polish rulers for the following five centuries. Nowadays, it is a centre for art, science and culture. During the 3 hour walk we will see the largest medieval market in Europe, the Wawel hill where the royal castle and cathedral are located. We will also visit former Jewish district Kazimierz which functioned as a centre for Jewish culture in many centuries
- Lunch in Old Town
- We travel to visit the amazing world of salt in Wieliczka. The salt mine is almost 800 years old; the total length of the underground passages exceeds 250 km. Our route begins 64 m under the earth and continues 2,5 km through chambers and the richly decorated chapel of saint Kinga to the 3rd level, 135 m below the ground.
- Transfer to Oswiecim, situated 60 km west of Krakow.
- Visit to Auschwitz museum. During the WWII, the Nazis established a concentration camp for Polish prisoners here. With time it became a death factory where appr. 1,1 million people were exterminated between 1940 and 1945. We start the visit at the main camp Auschwitz 1. The exhibitions in former prison blocks tell the story of the camp and people’s suffering
- Visit to Auschwitz 2-Birkenau (3 km away), which was established in 1942 as a sub camp to Auschwitz. Birkenau was the largest of all Nazi camps and the place of genocide of the Jews who were transported here from European countries occupied by the Nazis. We will climb the watchtower over the main gate to see the horrifying vastness of the area of the camp, the remains of the wooden barracks, and the ruins of the four crematoria.
- Transfer to the airport in Krakow (or other city) for departure.
|PRICE INCLUDES:||3 nights in hotel in Krakow
3 x breakfast
2 x lunch
guides and tour leader
admission to salt mine
1 free place
bus transfers throughout the whole journey
|NOT INCLUDED:||plane tickets|