We invite you to northern Poland! Visit Tri-city (Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot), Stutthof concentration camp and the castle of Teutonic Knights in Malbork.
- Arrival to Gdansk and transfer to the hotel. Dinner.
- We start the day with sightseeing tour of Tri-City – Gdansk, Gdynia and Sopot. The oldest of the three is Gdansk – a Hanseatic town with 1000 years of history and lots of culture treasures. Gdansk was a birthplace of many well-known persons: astronomer Johannes Hevelius or writer Gunther Grass. It was here in Westerplatte that the first shot of WWII was fired on the 1 September 1939. Also Poland’s road to freedom started in one of the Gdansk shipyards when the Solidarity movement was born. Lech Walesa, leader of the Solidarity movement, later president of Poland and the Nobel Prize winner was also born in Gdansk.
- In the afternoon we will continue to the famous Baltic seaside resort of Sopot which boasts the longest wooden pier in Europe (511,5 m) and Gdynia – the youngest of the Tri-Cities and an example of urbanization concepts of the early 20th century.
- We will visit the concentration camp in Stutthof (35 km east of Gdansk), the first of Nazi concentration camps established outside Germany. In the beginning it functioned as a prison for Polish opposition members from Gdansk region. After 1942, it became an extermination camp for the Final Solution. The museum gives testimony to the martyrdom of Poles, Jews and people of 30 other nationalities that were killed in the camp during World War II.
- Today we make an excursion to Malbork to see one of the biggest medieval fortresses in Europe – a residence of the Teutonic Knights. The complex of three castle buildings is encircled by defensive walls with huge gates and mighty towers. The guided tour of the interiors lead us to the large refectory, kitchen, chapel, dormitory and stately halls.
- After the visit transfer to airport in Gdansk or other city for flight home.
|PRICE INCLUDES:||3 nights in hotel in Krakow
3 x breakfast
3 x dinner in hotel
guides and tour leader
admission to St. Mary’s church,
cathedral in Oliwa, pier in Sopot, castle in Malbork, film in Stuthoff
1 free place
|NOT INCLUDED:||plane tickets|